- Autism, Art and Accessibility, AMA Journal of Ethics. AMA J Ethics. 2016;18(12):1232-1240. DOI
- Corbett BA, Gunther JR, Comins D, et al. Brief report: theatre as therapy for children with autism spectrum disorder. J Autism Dev Disord. 2011;41(4):505-511.
- Corbett BA, Blain SD, Ioannou S, Balser M. Changes in anxiety following a randomized control trial of a theatre-based intervention for youth with autism spectrum disorder [published online ahead of print May 5, 2016]. Autism.doi:10.1177/1362361316643623.
- Corbett BA, Key AP, Qualls L, et al.Improvement in social competence using a randomized trial of a theatre intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder.J Autism Dev Disord. 2016;46(2):658-672.
- Corbett BA, Qualls LR, Valencia B, Fecteau SM, Swain DM. Peer-mediated theatrical engagement for improving reciprocal social interaction in autism spectrum disorder. Front Pediatr. 2014;2:110.
- Corbett BA, Swain DM, Coke C, et al.Improvement in social deficits in autism spectrum disorders using a theatre-based, peer-mediated intervention.Autism Res. 2014;7(1):4-16.
- Corbett, B.A., Ioannou, S., Key, A.P, Coke, C., Vandekar, S., Muse, I., (2019). Treatment Effects in Social Cognition and Behavior Following a Theatre-based Intervention for Youth with Autism. Developmental Neuropsychology. 44(7):481-494. PMCID: PMC6818093.
- Key, A.P. & Corbett, B.A. (2020). The unfulfilled promise of the N170 as a social biomarker. Biological Psychiatry, 5(3) 342-353. PMCID: PMC7064396.
- Ioannou, S., Muscatello, R., Klemencic, M.E., and Corbett, B.A. (2020). Peer actors and theatre techniques play pivotal roles in improving social play and anxiety for children with autism. Frontiers in Psychology, Published 30 May, 2020. doi: 10.3389/fpsy.2020.00908. PMCID: In progress.
The aforementioned randomized clinical trial research has been funded by the National Institute of Mental Health, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, Autism Speaks, the National Academy of Country Music and generous donations to the SENSE Theatre non-profit.